Cancellation of all university examinations
In light of the press conference by the Bavarian Minister President Dr. Markus Söder, in which he announced even more far-reaching measures in the fight against the coronavirus, FAU has decided the following:
- All university examinations that have not yet started are cancelled immediately. All examinations for the First State Examination (1. Staatsexamen) for teaching degrees (Lehramt) have been postponed immediately until further notice (update 18 March 2020, 4.30pm). Oral examinations for State Examinations in Medicine originally scheduled for 19 and 20 March 2020 as well as examinations in pharmacology (as part of the State Examinations in Dentistry) , originally scheduled for the upcoming week (CW13) have also been postponed (update 19 March 2020, 11.45 am). All other examinations for State Examinations in Dentistry are currently taking place as planned (status 18 March 2020, 4.30pm). The responsibility here lies with the relevant Ministry.
- The Free State of Bavaria has announced a curfew. This curfew does not apply to individuals who are still required to travel to and from work by their employers.
- All events – regardless of the number of participants – must be cancelled until further notice.
- All lectures, seminars and classes which students are expected to attend in person are cancelled.
- All university libraries are to close to the public with effect from Saturday 14 March, initially until 19 April 2020. CIP-Pools will be closed as well for public traffic. Information on how you can still access the libraries is available on the website of the University Library.
- Student Advice and Career Service, FAU’s Student Records Office , International Office and other service units are closed for party traffic until 19 April 2020. They be reached by mail and phone.
- For employees who have been in a risk area within the last 14 days or in the entire area of Austria and Switzerland and who have no symptoms of illness, the following applies with immediate effect: Work must be performed exclusively in home office for 14 days upon return. If no activities are conceivable to be performed from home, the persons concerned are released from performing their work for 14 days after their return.
Website is constantly updated
The latest updates on the coronavirus and its effects on FAU are available at www.fau.info/corona.