FAU alumni associations
An overview of all associations
In addition to FAU’s university-wide alumni network, there are also specific alumni associations at the faculties. Some of the associations also act as sponsoring associations for the various faculties.
Choose your subject area:
- Alumni Politikwissenschaft Erlangen (APE) e.V. (Political Science Alumni Erlangen)The association aims to support research and teaching at the Institute of Political Science. It focuses on encouraging communication between graduates, students, staff and friends of the Institute, who can all benefit from each other’s experiences. Subject-related and social events are organised to create a network connecting students and graduates.Further information and contact details: Alumni Politikwissenschaft Erlangen (APE) e. V.
- Alumni Germanistik Erlangen (AlumniGER) e.V. (German Language and Literature Alumni Erlangen)The association aims to forge links between former and current students, professors and staff at the Department of German and Comparative Studies. By organising alumni get-togethers, presentations, excursions, conferences and training courses, the association encourages members to share experiences and exchange information, promoting the dialogue between theory and practice.Further information and contact details: Alumni Germanistik Erlangen (AlumniGER) e.V.
- Freunde und Förderer der Geschichtswissenschaft an der Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg e.V. (FGE) (Friends and Supporters of History at FAU)The association aims to create a network between former and current students, teaching staff and anyone interested in history. Another of its objectives is to arrange financial backing for the Department of History at FAU in order to support research and teaching.Further information and contact details: Förderverein Geschichtswissenschaft
- Alumni Soziologie Erlangen (ASE) e.V. (Sociology Alumni Erlangen)The aim of the association is to encourage communication and the exchange of experiences among graduates, students, staff and friends of the Institute of Sociology at the Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy, FAU. Subject-related and social events aim to stimulate dialogue between academics and practitioners and create a network incorporating the various groups mentioned above.Further information and contact details: Alumni Soziologie Erlangen (ASE) e.V.
- Alumni & Freunde WiSo Nürnberg e.V. (afwn e.V.) (Alumni & Friends of WiSo Nürnberg)This association is for alumni, friends and supporters of FAU’s School of Business, Economics and Society. It members include 1600 students and graduates, entrepreneurs and businesses, professors and staff members, and other people with connections to the School. Its wide range of activities focus mainly on sharing thoughts and experiences, and promoting the School of Business ,Economics and Society at FAU.Further information and contact details: Alumni & Freunde WiSo Nürnberg e.V. (afwn e.V.)
- alumni * der juristischen fakultät erlangen (a*jfe) e.V. (alumni of the School of Law in Erlangen)a*jfe is about staying in touch, sharing experiences, making connections between theory and practice, supporting young legal professionals and keeping members up-to-date with the latest developments. The association is open to all graduates of FAU’s School of Law who have successfully completed a State Examination degree, doctoral degree or postdoctoral qualifications.Further information and contacts: a*jfe – alumni * der juristischen fakultät erlangen e.V.
- Health Compass e.V.: Alumni association for students, former members, sponsors and other people interested in all aspects of health management and health economicsHealth Compass e.V. aims to encourage closer links between research and practical applications as well as to encourage networking among current and former students from all disciplines who are interested in the health sector. The members organise company visits, trips to congresses and symposia, workshops and training seminars, practice-oriented talks, career events and podium discussions. Further information and contact details: Health Compass e.V.
- Arabian German Medical Alumni Network (AGMAN)The aim of the international alumni network AGMAN is to promote joint projects in science and research with institutes and clinics in Arab countries. It focuses on medical training opportunities and congresses in Germany and abroad.
- alumni-med.erlangen e.V.The alumni association alumni-med.erlangen e.V. aims to support research and teaching in medicine, and improve the links between theory and practice. It encourages graduates to stay in touch with their former Faculty of Medicine.Further information and contact details: Prof. Dr. Neuhuber, alumni-med.erlangen e.V.
- Alumni des Fachbereichs Physik der Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg e.V. (Physics Alumni of FAU)The aim of the alumni association is to nurture and encourage contacts between staff, graduates and students at the Department of Physics as well as partner universities and extramural research associations.Further information and contact details: Alumni des Fachbereichs Physik der Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg e.V.
- Fränkische Geographische Gesellschaft e.V. (Franconian Geographical Society)The Franconian Geographical Society (FGG) provides anyone interested in geography with geographical facts and keeps them up to date with the latest university research in the field of geography. The society organises a number of public talks over the course of the year and offers members access to the library and map collection of the Institute of Geography, as well as coordinating alumni services for the Institute.Further information and contact details: Fränkische Geographische Gesellschaft e.V.
- Verein zur Förderung der Mathematik in Erlangen (VFME) (Association for Promoting Mathematics in Erlangen)The Association directly promotes mathematics at Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU). This includes establishing contacts to graduates and schools and organising collaboration with academics and practitioners.Further information and contact details: Verein zur Förderung der Mathematik in Erlangen
- Alumni Technische Fakultät Erlangen (ATE) e.V. (Alumni of the Faculty of Engineering at Erlangen)The ATE links graduates and sponsors of the Faculty of Engineering at Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg. The aim of the association is for members to share experiences across various subjects and sectors, to secure the Faculty of Engineering’s reputation in society and to offer a forum for exchanging information and providing feedback for teaching and research from a professional context.Further information and contact details: ATE – Alumni Technische Fakultät Erlangen e.V.
- Deutsch-Chinesischer Förderverein Industrie- und Informationstechnologie (DCFII) (German-Chinese Association for Industry and Information Technology)The DCFII supports scientific and academic exchange between Chinese or international scholars and professors and local Ph. D students. The association‘s activities include sharing of laboratory instruments and materials, information resources and professional skills as well as establishing contact with former professors and their laboratories or institutes. The focus is interdisciplinary exchange.Further information and contact: Deutsch-Chinesischer Förderverein Industrie- und Informationstechnologie
- FAPS Professional Network e.V.FAPS Professional Network e.V. (FAPS ProNet e.V.) was established as a non-profit association on 7 October 2016. It brings together active and former members of staff and supporters of the Institute for Factory Automation and Production Systems (FAPS) at Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU). The focus is on networking, collaboration, sharing subject-related and professional benefits and encouraging friendships.Further information and contact details: FAPS ProNet e.V.
United Nations Society Nuremberg (UNSN) e.V.
The United Nations Society Nuremberg e.V. is both an alumni and a sponsorship association. The association provides all current and former FAU members with a network for socialising, making new contacts and sharing subject-related information within the context of political education and promoting key qualifications. In addition, UNSN e.V. organises conferences open to the public, offers study tours and courses and provides scholarships. The association is especially responsible for funding the FAUMUN project.
Further information and contact details: United Nations Society Nuremberg e.V.