Learning spaces and CIP-Pools
Learning spaces and computer rooms
In order to allow students at FAU to continue with their self-study even under the current circumstances, learning spaces will be opened up to students during the lecture period in winter semester 2020/21. The computer rooms (CIP pools) will also be partially open for use, provided coronavirus hygiene regulations are observed.
Opening hours from 16 December
Computer rooms and study spaces will remain open until further notice, in order to support those students who depend on these facilities. However, we would urge you to stay at home as far as possible and only use this option as a last resort. You must record your contact details and comply at all times with the currently valid physical distancing and hygiene guidance when on university premises.
Observe hygiene guidelines
All current hygiene guidelines and social distancing rules must be strictly observed when using the learning spaces
- You must register via Darfichrein when you take a seat in order to allow your contact details to be tracked.
- The furniture may not be moved and the allocated seating plan may not be amended in any way.
- Please comply with hygiene guidelines and social distancing rules at all times and refrain from sitting close to others in work/study groups.
- It is essential that you ventilate the room regularly.
- You must not exceed the permitted number of people.
- The rooms are available during the regular opening hours of the building or during the allocated times and must be left clean and tidy (remember to switch off all lights and shut the doors and windows when you leave).
In addition to this page, there is a list of printing facilities that can be used to print documents using mobile devices via FAU’s WiFi.
- CIP pool U1.131 Biology (map) (opening hours 8am to 5pm; not available for self-study during classes. For class times, see UnivIS / Contact)
Staudtstr. 7 / B2
- CIP pool 00.704 Physics (map) (open 24 hours, access via FAUCard – if registered; availability for self-study may be restricted during classes see UnivIS / Further information / Contact)
- CIP pool 00.124 Materials Science and Engineering (map) (opening hours Mon. to Fri. 8am to 12pm and 1pm to 5pm; book via RSVP, Further info Contact
Konrad-Zuse Str. 3-5
- CIP pool 03.016 Chemical and Bioengineering (map) (open 24 hours, access via FAUCard – if registered, not available for self-study during classes see schedule / Further information contact)
- CIP pool 03.018 Mechanical Engineering (map) (open 24 hours, access via FAUCard – if registered, not available for self-study during classes see UnivIS / Further information contact)
Regensburger Str. 160
- Foyer seminar building 0.003/0.046
- Foyer auditorium/cafeteria building 0.102