Currently, there are several different options for receiving a Covid-19 vaccination. This list will be updated regularly.
1. Vaccination by your general practitioner/decentralised vaccination centres
- This link contains a list of doctor’s practices in Erlangen which offer vaccinations to students. Please contact the practices directly for more information.
- The City of Nuremberg website has information about the different options for receiving a vaccination (such as the ‘Impfbus’ mobile vaccination unit decentralised vaccination centres)
- You don’t currently need an appointment for receiving the vaccination at the vaccination centre run by the City of Fürth. There are also special vaccination drives held in other locations at short notice.
2. Vaccination at the Erlangen vaccination centre
It is also quite straightforward for students who do not (yet) live in the Erlangen/Erlangen-Höchstadt district to organise a vaccination at short notice.
- After registeringIf you register at the Bavarian vaccination portal impfzentren.bayern you will be offered a vaccination within a short period of time.You can register even if you do not have a home address in Erlangen. When you register, just use either the University’s address (Schlossplatz 4, 91054 Erlangen), the address of your student accommodation, or the vaccination centre’s address (Sedanstraße 1, 91052 Erlangen).
- Without registering (walk-in days)The vaccination centre also offers regular ‘walk-in days’ where anyone can drop in at the centre and get a vaccination without registering first. All you need is proof of your identity.Vaccinations without prior appointment at vaccination centre ER/ERH (Sedanstr. 1, 91052 Erlangen)
If you have any questions about registering or booking an appointment, please contact the vaccination centre hotline: + 49 9131 86 6500
As it stands at present, the vaccination centre in Erlangen will remain open until 2022.
Individuals who have received a vaccine that is not approved in Germany will not be considered as fully vaccinated. However, the vaccination centre offers these individuals an additional two vaccinations with an mRNA vaccine, after which they will be considered as fully vaccinated.
3. Vaccinations in Nuremberg
Information on vaccinations in Nuremberg and general information on vaccinations is available on the city portal of the City of Nuremberg website: https://www.nuernberg.de/internet/stadtportal/corona_impfung.html#128