Links zu weiteren Portalen

Seiteninterne Suche


Applying for Bachelor’s and State Examination degree programmes

Applying for Bachelor's and State Examination degree programmes

Prospective international students have to apply directly to the university where they want to study. This applies to all degree programmes with two exceptions. This section sets out the various application procedures and what documents you are required to hand in:

First exception:

For the degree programmes medicine, dentistry and pharmacy, please apply to the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung (Foundation for University Admissions, german) if you are

  • a citizen of a member state of the European Union (EU)
  • a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
  • an applicant with a university entrance qualification obtained in Germany or at a German school abroad
  • an international applicant living in Germany with relatives who are EU/EEA citizens and work in Germany (e.g. spouse or parents)

Second exception:

If you are an applicant with a university entrance qualification obtained in Germany you have to apply via the FAU application portal for all degree programmes other than those given above. The Student Advice and Career Service provides information about the degree programmes and admission restrictions at FAU in the degree programme catalogue.

If you do not belong to one of the groups mentioned above, you have to apply directly to FAU for our undergraduate degree programmes. Applications for the German language course must be submitted online via the FAU application portal.

In addition to your signed application form (from the application portal campo), you must submit the following documents:

  • CV (without photo)
  • school leaving certificate (complete certificate)
  • if applicable: pre-university year certificate (e.g. applicants from Iran)
  • if applicable: university entrance examination certificate from your home country
  • if applicable: if your school certificates are not sufficient for admission, you must also provide a certificate showing you have passed the assessment examination (Feststellungsprüfung) for the degree programme in question (certified copy)
  • if you have completed previous periods of study: complete academic report/transcript of records
  • if you have completed a previous degree: degree certificate (e.g. Bachelor’s degree, Diplom)
  • German language certificates (regular copy)
  • if you are applying for the Studienkolleg: preliminary review documentation from uni-assist (regular copy). The Studienkolleg for all Bavarian universities is in Munich. If you wish to apply to attend a Studienkolleg before starting at FAU, you will be referred to the one in Munich.
  • if available: preliminary review documentation from uni-assist (regular copy)
  • applicants who have completed previous periods of study in China, Mongolia or Vietnam: APS certificate (original)
  • applicants from DSDI/DSDII schools in China: confirmation of identity from the German embassy (original)
  • applicants for the degree programmes in Medicine, Law and Dentistry, Pharmacy or Food Chemistry must submit proof of passing the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber (DSH 2 or an equivalent examination). Further information on language requirements.

Certified copies of foreign certificates that are not issued in German, English or French must be submitted along with a certified translation. If your documents do not fulfil the requirements or if important certificates are missing, your application will not be processed. More information on certification of documents.

Please send your application form together with all documents to the FAU Admissions Office (Zulassungsstelle):

Postal address:

Zulassungsstelle der Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Schlossplatz 4
91054 Erlangen

The application deadlines for Bachelor’s and State Examination degree programmes are:

  • 15 July for the following winter semester
  • 15 January for the following summer semester

The majority of subjects can only be started in the winter semester; this means that you may only enrol for the summer semester if you wish to start in a higher subject semester.

Please note the following:

  • You must submit all required documents in order for us to process your application. This means that applications must not be submitted, for instance, without certificates and supporting documents.
  • Applicants for the Bachelor’s degree programme in Psychology must also submit an application via the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung’s dialogue-orientated procedure (Dialogorientierte Serviceverfahren, DoSV). More information on the DoSV is available at (german) and in our DoSV check list (german).