Closure of the University at the end of the year
Information on the closure of the university at the end of the year
At the end of the year, the University will be closed from 24 December 2020 to 6 January 2021 in order to save energy.
- Organisational units located in buildings rented by the university and properties which are shared by FAU and Universitätsklinikum Erlangen will also take part in the university closure. In such cases, heating is to be turned down manually using the thermostat in the building. Please refer to the circular for more information.
- Some organisational units are excluded from the university closure for important reasons. More information is provided in the circular.
- We would like to emphasise that, as far as possible, organisational units excluded from the closure should keep work to a minimum and their staff should be able to make use of holiday and flexitime during the closure.
- The opening times for all libraries outside the lecture period will be published in due time on the University Library website.
- The restaurants and cafeterias will remain closed outside the lecture period.
The Executive Board would be very grateful for your support with regard to this measure that is intended to benefit the University as a whole and which we hope will be as successful as previous closures and benefit teaching and research.
Circular with detailed information