Information on the closure of the university at the end of the year
At the end of the year, the University will be closed from 24 December 2017 to 1 January 2018 in order to save energy. More information is given in the circular under the ‘Conditions’ section of this page.
- To compensate for the loss of working hours during the university closure 2017/2018 there are several options outlined in the circular.
- Organisational units located in buildings rented by the university and properties which are shared by FAU and Universitätsklinikum Erlangen will also take part in the university closure. In such cases, heating is to be turned down manually using the thermostat in the building. Please refer to the circular for more information.
- Some organisational units are excluded from the university closure for important reasons. More information is provided in the circular.
- We would like to emphasise that, as far as possible, organisational units excluded from the closure should keep work to a minimum and their staff should be able to make use of holiday and flexitime during the closure.
- The opening times for all libraries outside the lecture period will be published in due time on the University Library website.
- The restaurants will remain closed outside the lecture period. The restricted opening hours of the cafeteria from Tuesday, 2 January 2018 to Friday, 5 January 2018 will be announced on the Student Services website.
The Executive Board would be very grateful for your support with regard to this measure that is intended to benefit the University as a whole and which we hope will be as successful as previous closures and benefit teaching and research.
Circular with detailed information
(only available from the FAU network)