friedrich – FAU´s research magazine
Green is not enough
It is one of the most important topics of our times: sustainability. Several researchers at FAU concentrate on exploring how the global community can shape a world where we can all live well, now and in the future. It is abundantly clear that sustainability means so much more than just protecting our environment. Sustainability affects so many areas of our lives – from healthcare and the economy to living together in society.
This issue of friedrich deals with the topic of sustainability from a range of different perspectives. Is it possible to mobilise the international community to make a joint effort to tackle the challenges of our times? And how fair and sustainable is healthcare across the globe? Another vital aspect for a sustainable lifestyle is a healthy environment, a healthy climate. Our magazine takes a look at how scientists are using complex computer models to research the workings of our climate and how it is likely to change in the future. Our western lifestyle is strongly influenced by the economy. The question arises as to whether it is time for a new economic order. As you can see, ecological concerns are only part of the complex concept of ‘sustainability’.
I hope you enjoy reading,
Joachim Hornegger, Präsident der FAU
Research magazine friedrich:
download, get a copy or subscribe
- Download friedrich Nr. 121
- Copies of friedrich are available at various campus locations at FAU.
- You can also request a copy of the magazine to be delivered to your home address or your workplace. Please complete our subscription form.
Other FAU publications
Research magazine friedrich
This edition of friedrich takes a closer look at different pathways in a wide range of different contexts. For example, we looked at why and how people travel. To be on the move can also be taken more literally. Something we tend to neglect in today’s digital society. How can we buck this trend? And how can we help those whose movement is restricted as a result of illness? Life is rarely a straightforward journey from A to B. Adaptability is key. Research expeditions are a good example of this in practice. We looked into how Humboldt and other explorers coped with the challenges facing them. And sometimes even if we are expected to follow a certain way of doing things, for example at work, we deliberately choose to ignore it. What inspires us to find a ‘workaround.
Venture into hidden worlds together with FAU researchers from a wide spectrum of disciplines, ranging from the humanities to natural sciences, and from engineering to medicine. Read the latest 2019 issue of the FAU research magazine ‘friedrich’. Read more
Until 2013, the magazine was published under the title uni | kurier | magazin.
- Print run: 6,500 copies
- Length: 80-100 pages
- Publication frequency: 1 issue annually
- Distribution to: Professors, lecturers, FAU employees in institutes, clinics and in administration, students, friends and supporters, decision makers in ministries, companies, research institutes who collaborate with FAU, members of universities in Germany and abroad as well as media representatives.
Contact for advertising:
- Sina Wagner, Tel.: 0911/81026-27, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Published by: Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Schlossplatz 4, 91054 Erlangen, Der Präsident, Schlossplatz 4, 91054 Erlangen, Tel.: 09131/85-0, Fax: 09131/85-22131
- Responsible for content: Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Stabsstelle Presse und Kommunikation, Blandina Mangelkramer, Schlossplatz 4, 91054 Erlangen, Tel.: 09131/85-70200, Fax: 09131/85-70207, email@example.com
- Editor: Katrin Piecha
- Layout: zur.gestaltung, Nürnberg