friedrich – FAU’s research magazine
friedrich 120: Astounding journeys
Some of you may know the poem by the American poet Robert Frost: ‘Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference.’ Each day of our lives we have to decide which roads to follow. Some are so familiar to us we can follow them in our sleep. However, we are often overcome by curiosity and seek out new, perhaps even risky paths on our journey. This is particularly true in academia. Researchers are always searching for new ways to find solutions to the major questions facing our society.
The topic of ‘pathways’ for this edition of friedrich is an obvious choice. We take a closer look at different pathways in various contexts, for example, why and how are people on the move? To be on the move can also be taken more literally, something we tend to neglect in today’s sedentary lifestyle. What changes can we make in this respect? And how are detours or workarounds created? As you can see, this edition of friedrich is branching out down various avenues.
I hope you enjoy reading it.
Prof. Joachim Hornegger, FAU President
Research magazine friedrich:
download, get a copy or subscribe
- Download friedrich no. 120
- Copies of friedrich are available at various campus locations at FAU.
- You can also request a copy of the magazine to be delivered to your home address or your workplace. Please complete our subscription form.
Other FAU publications
On the move
Detour to success
Research magazine friedrich
Venture into hidden worlds together with FAU researchers from a wide spectrum of disciplines, ranging from the humanities to natural sciences, and from engineering to medicine. Read the latest 2019 issue of the FAU research magazine ‘friedrich’. Read more
- Print run: 6,500 copies
- Length: 80-100 pages
- Publication frequency: 1 issue annually
- Distribution to: Professors, lecturers, FAU employees in institutes, clinics and in administration, students, friends and supporters, decision makers in ministries, companies, research institutes who collaborate with FAU, members of universities in Germany and abroad as well as media representatives.
Contact for advertising:
- Published by: Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Schlossplatz 4, 91054 Erlangen, the President, Schlossplatz 4, 91054 Erlangen, phone: +49 9131 85-0, fax: +49 9131 85-22131
- Responsible for content: Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Communications and Press, Dr. Susanne Langer, Schlossplatz 4, 91054 Erlangen, phone: +49 9131 85-70200, fax: +49 9131 85-70207, email@example.com
- Editor: Katrin Piecha
- Layout: zur.gestaltung, Nürnberg