Application and selection procedure
Applying for ETI funding
Are you a young researcher with a doctoral degree just starting out on your career? Do you plan to submit an application to an external funding provider in the near future? Then why not apply for ETI funding?
Calls for applications and deadlines
Calls for applications are issued in the summer semester and the winter semester. We will let you know our decision on your application for funding approximately three months after the deadline for applications. Funding begins in January (for applications between August 1 and 15 September) or in July (for applications between February 1 and March 15).
The next call for applications starts on August 1, 2022 and ends on September 15, 2022
Application for funding
Online application: You can submit your application for ETI funding in German or English directly through CRIS (Current Research Information System). Further information is available on the downloads page.
Information on applying via CRIS
- Log in to CRIS, the FAU research information system, using your personal IdM account.
- Please check and update your profile in CRIS (title, publications, research projects, etc.). Please contact the CRIS team (CRISfirstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Please be aware that storing your publications in CRIS requires at least one week’s notice.
- If necessary, switch the role at the top right of the page to ‘researcher’.
- To change the language in CRIS, click on ‘Meine Einstellungen’ (My settings), switch the language to English and click save. You must then log off and log back in again.
- Click on the top right on ‘add data’, ‘Application, then ‘ETI application’.
- Four sections are displayed for the application, funding requested, research profile and support. Please complete each of these sections.
- Please use the save button to save your work regularly.
- Once you click on ‘save and set status’ and select ‘send application’, your application is forwarded to Research Support for formal checking.
Formal inspection: All applications for funding are inspected by Research Support.
Research performance evaluation: Together with representatives from the involved Faculties/Schools, the Vice President People chooses one of the professors at FAU to provide a research performance evaluation.
Decision: The decision as to whether or not to grant funding is taken by the ETI selection committee on the basis of the research performance evaluation. The number of applicants that are awarded funding depends on the quality of the applications and the available funds.
The ETI selection committee consists of the following members:
- Vice President People (chair)
- Representatives of Faculties/Schools involved in the programme
- Chairperson of the Council for Academic Staff
- University Women’s Representative
The most important criteria
- Quality of the research project (with regard to content and concept)
- Applicant’s qualifications
- Intention to submit an application to an external funding provider