Application and selection procedure
How can I apply for ETI funding?
- Calls for applications are issued in the summer semester and the winter semester. Please note the application deadlines.
- You should use the Application for funding sheet and submit your application via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also read and follow the Application instructions. You can find all required documents on the download page.
Next deadline: April 2018 (beginning of funding period: July 2018)
How is a decision made?
First, F3 formally reviews your application.
The Vice President for Teaching and Learning and the Dean of Research from your faculty then appoint an FAU professor to conduct an expert review. If necessary an external reviewer may be called in.
The most important criteria considered are:
- Quality of the research project (with regard to content and concept)
- Applicant’s qualifications
- Intention to submit an application to a highly competitive external funding provider
- Research project’s contribution to shaping FAU’s profile
The ETI selection committee then makes a decision on the basis of the review. The committee consists of the following members:
- Vice President for Teaching and Learning (chairperson)
- Deans of Research of the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology, the Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law (School of Law, School of Business and Economics), the Faculty of Sciences and the Faculty of Engineering
- Chairperson of the Council for Academic Staff
- University women’s representative
The number of successful applicants depends on the quality of the applications and the available funds.