Links zu weiteren Portalen

Seiteninterne Suche

University

Botanical Garden and Scented Garden

Botanical Garden and Scented Garden

Cactus collection in the Botanical Garden (image: Georg Pöhlein)

Cactus collection in the Botanical Garden (image: Georg Pöhlein)

The Botanical Garden and Scented Garden are the University’s only collections that contain living organisms.

The University’s Botanical Garden was originally located in front of the Nuremberg Gate. It was moved to its currently location on the north edge of the Schlossgarten in 1826. Native and foreign plants are cultivated in the garden using a scientific approach. It is home to around 7000 different plants from various regions, from the Arctic tundra to the tropical rainforest. The Scented Garden by the Schwabach river contains plants with distinctive scents and was opened in 1981.

The aim of the Botanical Garden is to preserve plant diversity and provide a resource for research. It is often used for teaching and research in biology, some of which is conducted by external research and teaching institutions and conservation organisations. Last but not least, it offers the general public an insight into various aspects of nature and the research carried out at the University.

Go to Botanical Garden website (in German)

Scented Garden

Address

Palmsanlage
91054 Erlangen

Botanical Garden

Address

Loschgestr. 1
91054 Erlangen

Contact

Claus Heuvemann
botanischer-garten@fau.de
+49 9131 8522969

Opening times

  • Scented Garden: April to October 7 a.m.–6 p.m. (closed November to March)
  • Garden: September to May 8 a.m.–4 p.m.; June to August 8 a.m.–5.30 p.m.
  • Greenhouses: Tuesday to Sunday and public holidays 9.30 a.m.–3.30 p.m.

Tours available upon request