Information on the coronavirus and its impact on FAU
Information for students and members of staff at FAU
Information and updates on the coronavirus pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic has had an impact on all areas of university life at FAU. In order to help you keep informed of everything that is going on, we have provided all the relevant information on our website, sorted according to topic and kept up to date at all times. Please check this website regularly for updates, and listen to the President’s podcasts to keep yourself up to date.
Prof. Dr. Joachim Hornegger’s New Year’s message
Study dealdines and standard duration: Informations for summer semester 2021 and winter semester 2021/22 updated.
No face-to-face teaching: FAU is switching over entirely to online teaching
Masks must be worn at FAU: Please wear a face mask when you are in FAU buildings or grounds belonging to the university.
The FAU crisis team meets regularly to monitor and assess the situation and prepares all relevant decisions taken by FAU. Please check this website regularly for updates.
Recently updated pages
- 22 Janaury: Studying and teaching: “Click & Collect” at the university library
- 21 January: Hygiene guidance: Break rooms may only be used by one person at a time
- 20 January: Research and work: Working remotely
- 14 January: Research and work: Working remotely
- 12 January: Studying and teaching: On-campus examinations may still be held
- 8 January: Studying and teaching: University Library will remain closed
Further advice and links
- The website of the Federal Ministry of Health lists answers to frequently asked questions regarding coronavirus tests on arrival in Germany.
- Information about quarantine after arrival in Bavaria is available on the website of the Bavarian State Ministry of Public Health and Care Services.
- Bavarian Immigration Quarantine Regulation of the Bavarian State Chancellery
- Information about entering Germany is available on the website of the Federal Police Force.
- Questions on teaching, examinations and other events:
- For medical questions:FAU Occupational Medical Service – BÄD
- If you have any operational questions about travel or reimbursement of travel expenses, please contact P6 – Travel Expenses, Legal Affairs and Secondary Employment.