Information on the coronavirus and its impact on FAU
Information for students and members of staff at FAU
Information and updates on the coronavirus pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic has had an impact on all areas of university life at FAU. In order to help you keep informed of everything that is going on, we have provided all the relevant information on our website, sorted according to topic and kept up to date at all times. Please check this website regularly for updates.
Overview of current rules regarding coronavirus
Obligation to wear face masks
The obligation to wear face masks shall continue to apply in university buildings (indoors and in public areas). Surgical masks are the minimum. However, we recommend wearing an FFP2 mask to keep yourself safe. The mask can be removed once the minimum distance of 1.5m to other people can be maintained at all times (whilst seated, standing or at your desk). Further information is available under the headings Basic protective measures/ Obligation to wear a mask.
No longer applies (Please note the special rules for the Faculty of Medicine.)
Suspended Contact data is no longer being collected (via ‘darfichrein.de’) and cases of infection are also no longer being recorded or traced.
Please observe hygiene measures and ensure that the minimum distance is observed where possible. More information about ventilating rooms correctly is available on our website.
Working from home
Please refer to the agreement on working from home for further information on regulations for working from home, available on our website.
Recently updated pages
- 20 May: Research and work: Suspected cases, members of staff who have contracted Covid-19, quarantine
- 13 April: Studying and teaching: What special rules apply for courses at the Faculty of Medicine?
- 8 April: Fundamental changes on all websites
- Questions on teaching, examinations and other events:
- For medical questions:
FAU Occupational Medical Service – BÄD
- If you have any operational questions about travel or reimbursement of travel expenses, please contact P6 – Travel Expenses, Legal Affairs and Secondary Employment.