All students in Germany must have health insurance. You cannot enrol at FAU if you do not have health insurance.

Detailed information on the obligation for students to have health insurance is available on the page about health insurance.

We would also recommend taking out liability insurance which protects you in the event that you cause any damage to property. Several departments require you to take out laboratory liability insurance in order to be allowed to use the laboratories. Please remember to cancel the contracts for all insurance policies in good time before you leave Germany.

Exchange students must inform the Central Office for International Affairs (RIA) if they have an accident. The staff at RIA will provide assistance and contact your home university.