Visa and residence permit

If you have arrived in Germany from outside the EU with a student visa, you will need to extend your visa to a residence permit for study purposes (Aufenthaltserlaubnis zu Studienzwecken).

All the information you need concerning entry formalities and residence permits is available on our website.