Funding consultation and proposal drafting
From the idea to the funding application
Are you looking for the right funding options for your research project? Do you need support and strategic advice on how to write your project proposal? Research management at FAU has a wide range of expertise for such issues.
Searching for funding
The links below redirect you to databases containing information on the current calls for proposals of the most important third-party funding providers and to other funding databases.
Current calls for proposals and databases
- DFG funding programs
- BMBF calls for proposals
- Advice from the German government on research and innovation
- German government’s funding database: Federal, state and EU programs
- Foundation search engine of the Association of German Foundations
- DAAD scholarship database
- EU Funding and Tenders Portal
- ELFI – Electronic Research Funding Information System
For initial questions with regard to your research project (in particular the concept, searching for funding and writing the proposal) you can contact the advisors at your faculty directly.
Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology
Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Sciences
Advice for collaborative applications (DFG, EU)
The application process for collaborative applications can seem complex and confusing at first glance. We can help you during this process by
- Giving advice and guiding you through the entire application process
- Checking the quality of the application
- Monitoring collaborative applications
- Clarifying the various steps in the application process (e.g. guidelines, checklists)
- Pooling information gained from previous initiatives
- Providing support with the review process (e.g. trial reviews, lists of questions).
Please contact us with any questions.
Contact CRC, TRR, FOR
Contact EU projects
Office of Third-party Funding and Related Legal Affairs