Benefit from the network
FAU alumni benefits
Joining our free alumni network allows you to not only benefit from a lifelong friendship with your university, but also participate free of charge in various events and make use of our unique range of benefits which is constantly being extended. We currently offer the following:
Network online with other members, start your own group, plan events, update your own member profile and subscribe to the Alumni newsletter with just one click. To the FAU Community portal
Show with your e-mail address (first name.last email@example.com) that you are an FAU alumni! Alumni of the university can now request an own mailbox to express their attachement to the Alma Mater.
Who can request an alumni mailbox?
Alumni: All people, who earned an academic degree at FAU and who are registered in the FAU Community.
Research alumni: All researchers, who have spent at least three months at FAU, who are internationally mobile and who are registered in the FAU Community.
How can you request an alumni mailbox?
- Login to your IdM account.
- Click on “Request account” in the menu on the left side. Now click the button “Apply” in the field “Alumni” and follow the instructions. PLEASE NOTE: You need a valid FAU Community ID! With your IdM alumni access, you can now apply for your alumni mailbox in just a few steps here.
- Step 1: Go to the homepage of the IdM portal, click on “Get started” and then choose the option “Register”. Afterwards, click on the button “I want to become a member” and follow the instructions.
- Step 2: After registering in the IdM portal, you IdM account is not fully activated yet. Nevertheless, please login with your IdM username and IdM password. Click on „Request account“ in the menu on the left side to request your IdM alumni access. Now click the button „Apply“ in the field „Alumni“ and follow the instructions. PLEASE NOTE: You need a valid FAU Community ID!
- Step 3: After your IdM alumni access has been approved, you will receive an “activation letter” per post by FAU´s Alumni Management. Please use this letter to activate your IdM-ID here.
- Step 4: Login to the IdM portal with your fully activated IdM account. You will see a note about the possibility to activate your FAU alumni mailbox. To activate your alumni mailbox, please follow this link.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The newsletter, which is published every two months, ensures that FAU networkers are kept up to date and know about recent developments and events at FAU.
Registered members receive our University magazine by post. It is published three times a year and informs you about current research, university politics, studies and teaching, upcoming events and, of course, lets you know what other alumni are up to.
We reserve 50 places for alumni at the annual birthday celebrations of FAU on 4 November. If you are interested, please send an e-mail by 10 October to email@example.com with the subject ‘Dies’. Applications will be dealt with in the order they are received. Further information on Dies academicus
Network members enjoy discounts of up to 10%, depending on the professional development course chosen. What is offered: Seminars and training programmes and degree programmes for working professionals (in German).