Benefit from the network
FAU alumni benefits
Joining our free alumni network allows you to not only benefit from a lifelong friendship with your university, but also participate free of charge in various events and make use of our unique range of benefits which is constantly being extended. We currently offer the following:
Network online with others, start your own interest-based group, plan events, update your own member profile and subscribe to the FAU newsletter. Go to FAU Community portal
Show that you are part of the FAU alumni network with your e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org). University alumni can apply for their own e-mail address.
Who can apply for an alumni e-mail account?
Alumni: All individuals who have gained an academic qualification at FAU and who have signed up to the FAU Community .
Researchers: All researchers that have spent at least three months at FAU who are internationally mobile and signed up to the FAU Community .
How to apply for an alumni e-mail account
- Log into your IdM account.
- Click ‘Request account’ on the left. Under the Alumni section click ‘apply’ and follow the instructions. You will need a valid FAU community ID to apply.
- Once you have an IdM alumni account you can apply for an e-mail account here in just a few steps.
- Step 1: Go to the IdM website and click on ‘Get started’. Next, select ‘Register’. Click ‘I want to register as an alumnus’ and follow the instructions.
- Step 2: Your IdM account is not fully activated immediately after registering in the IdM portal. Log in to the IdM portal using your user name and password, and apply for your IdM alumni access under ‘Settings and applications’. To do this, follow the procedure described in the section ‘If you already have an IdM account’. You will need a valid FAU community ID to apply.
- Step 3: Once your IdM alumni access is approved, you will receive an activation letter by post from FAU Alumni Management. Using the letter, you can now activate your IdM account.
- Step 4: Log in to the IdM portal using your fully activated IdM account and read how to apply for an alumni e-mail account. Follow this link to apply for your alumni e-mail account.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about alumni email accounts.
The newsletter, which is published every two months, ensures that FAU networkers are kept up to date and know about recent developments and events at FAU.
Members of the FAU alumni network receive our university magazine alexander regularly by post. It is published three times a year and informs you about current research, university politics, studies and teaching, upcoming events and, of course, our alumni network.
We are happy to reserve places for alumni at the annual birthday celebrations of FAU on 4 November. If you are interested, please send an e-mail by 10 October to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Dies’. Applications will be dealt with in the order they are received. Further information on Dies academicus