Benefit from the network
FAU alumni benefits
Joining our free alumni network allows you to not only benefit from a lifelong friendship with your university and the FAU family but also participate free of charge in various events and make use of our unique range of benefits. Register free of charge in our FAU Community Portal and join the alumni group “FAU Alumni Network”.
We are constantly adding to the services we offer. We currently offer the following benefits:
Network online with others, start your own interest-based group, plan events, update your own member profile and subscribe to the FAU newsletter. Go to FAU Community portal
E-mail account for FAU alumni
Show that you are part of the FAU alumni network with your e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org). University alumni can apply for their own e-mail address.
Who can apply for an alumni e-mail account?
Alumni: All individuals who have gained an academic qualification at FAU and who have signed up to the FAU Community.
Researchers: All researchers that have spent at least three months at FAU who are internationally mobile and who have signed up to the FAU Community.
Why apply for an alumni e-mail account?
You can have e-mails sent to your FAU address email@example.com forwarded to the new address firstname.lastname@example.org. You can set up this forwarding service in the IdM portal as described in this link: https://www.anleitungen.rrze.fau.de/e-mail/exchange/email-zustellung-aendern/
How to apply for an alumni e-mail account
If you already have an IdM account
- Log in to your IdM account
- Click ‘Request account’ on the left. Under the Alumni section click ‘apply’ and follow the instructions. You will need a valid FAU community ID to apply. Your name and title in the FAU Community must be the same as stored in the IdM system.
- Once you have an IdM alumni account you can apply for an e-mail account here in just a few steps.
- The easiest way to access your FAU Alumni mailbox is via the following website: https://mail.alumni.fau.dePlease enter your e-mail address (email@example.com) as user name and your password.Once your account is authorized you can add it to an e-mail client such as Thunderbird. Instructions for setting up your alumni email account https://www.anleitungen.rrze.fau.de/e-mail/alumni-postfach-einrichten/
If you do not have an IdM account:
- Step 1: Go to the IdM website and click on “Get started”. Next, select “New at FAU” and “Register”. Click “I want to become a member” under “IdM user accounts for alumni” and follow the instructions.
- Step 2: Your IdM account is not fully activated immediately after registering in the IdM portal. Log in to the IdM portal using your user name and password, and apply for your IdM alumni access under ‘Settings and applications’. To do this, follow the procedure described in the section ‘If you already have an IdM account’. You will need a valid FAU community ID to apply. Your name and title in the FAU Community must be the same as stored in the IdM system.
- Step 3: Once your IdM alumni access is approved, you will receive an activation letter by post from FAU Alumni Management. Using the letter, you can now activate your IdM account in the IdM portal.
- Step 4: Log in to the IdM portal using your fully activated IdM account and read how to apply for an alumni e-mail account. Follow this link to the IdM portal to apply for your alumni e-mail account.
- Step 5: The easiest way to access your FAU Alumni mailbox with the mail address firstname.lastname@example.org is via the following website: https://mail.alumni.fau.dePlease enter your e-mail address (email@example.com) as user name and your password.Once your account is authorized you can add it to an e-mail client such as Thunderbird. Instructions for setting up your alumni email account https://www.anleitungen.rrze.fau.de/e-mail/alumni-postfach-einrichten/
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about alumni email accounts.
The newsletter, which is published every two months, ensures that FAU networkers are kept up to date and know about recent developments and events at FAU. You can subscribe to the alumni newsletter in the FAU Community.
FAU alexander magazine
Members of the FAU alumni network receive our university magazine alexander regularly by post. It is published three times a year and informs you about current research, university politics, studies and teaching, upcoming events and, of course, our alumni network.
We are happy to reserve places for alumni at the annual birthday celebrations of FAU on November 4. If you are interested, please send an e-mail by October 10 to email@example.com with the subject ‘Dies’. Applications will be dealt with in the order they are received. Further information on Dies academicus
Would you like to buy souvenirs with the FAU design? As a member of the FAU network, you enjoy a 5% discount off your purchases. In order to receive your personal discount code, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘FAU shop’. What’s on offer: fau-shop.de