Benefit from the network
FAU alumni benefits
Joining our free alumni network allows you to not only benefit from a lifelong friendship with your university and the FAU family but also participate free of charge in various events and make use of our unique range of benefits. Register free of charge in our FAU Community portal. As a former member of FAU, we would be happy to welcome you into our FAU alumni network, the “FAU Alumni Netzwerk”. In the group, we keep you up to date with the latest information about benefits, events and news from the network.
We are constantly adding to the services we offer. We currently offer the following benefits:
Nurture your own online network, look for former fellow students, join groups, don’t miss out on any events, manage your member profile and subscribe to the FAU newsletter. Go to FAU Community portal
E-mail account for FAU alumni
Show that you are part of the FAU alumni network with your e-mail address (email@example.com). University alumni can apply for their own e-mail address.
Who can apply for an alumni e-mail account?
Alumni: All individuals who have gained an academic qualification at FAU and who have signed up to the FAU Community.
Researchers: All researchers that have spent at least three months at FAU who are internationally mobile and who have signed up to the FAU Community.
Why apply for an alumni e-mail account?
As a former member of FAU, you can have e-mails sent to your FAU address firstname.lastname@example.org forwarded to the new address email@example.com. You can set up this forwarding service in the IdM portal as described in this link: https://www.anleitungen.rrze.fau.de/e-mail/exchange/email-zustellung-aendern/
In addition, you can send e-mails from your FAU alumni e-mail address.
How to apply for an alumni e-mail account
If you already have an IdM account
- Log in to yourIdM account
- Click ‘Request account’ on the left. Under the Alumni section click ‘apply’ and follow the instructions. You will need a valid FAU community ID to apply. Your name and title in the FAU Community must be the same as stored in the IdM system.
- Once you have an IdM alumni account you can apply for an e-mail account here in just a few steps.
- The easiest way to access your FAU Alumni mailbox is via the following website: https://mail.alumni.fau.dePlease enter your e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as user name and your password.Once your account is authorized you can add it to an e-mail client such as Thunderbird. Instructions for setting up your alumni email account https://www.anleitungen.rrze.fau.de/e-mail/alumni-postfach-einrichten/
If you do not have an IdM account:
- Step 1: Go to the IdM website and click on “Get started”. Next, select “New at FAU” and “Register”. Click “I want to become a member” under “IdM user accounts for alumni” and follow the instructions.
- Step 2: Your IdM account is not fully activated immediately after registering in the IdM portal. Log in to the IdM portal using your user name and password, and apply for your IdM alumni access under ‘Settings and applications’. To do this, follow the procedure described in the section ‘If you already have an IdM account’. You will need a valid FAU community ID to apply. Your name and title in the FAU Community must be the same as stored in the IdM system.
- Step 3: Once your IdM alumni access is approved, you will receive an activation letter by post from FAU Alumni Management. Using the letter, you can now activate your IdM account in the IdM portal.
- Step 4: Log in to the IdM portal using your fully activated IdM account and read how to apply for an alumni e-mail account. Follow this link to the IdM portal to apply for your alumni e-mail account.
- Step 5: The easiest way to access your FAU Alumni mailbox with the mail address email@example.com is via the following website: https://mail.alumni.fau.dePlease enter your e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as user name and your password.Once your account is authorized you can add it to an e-mail client such as Thunderbird. Instructions for setting up your alumni email account https://www.anleitungen.rrze.fau.de/e-mail/alumni-postfach-einrichten/
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about alumni email accounts.
FAU Alumni Card
As a member of the FAU alumni network, you receive your own personal FAU alumni card. This not only demonstrates your lasting connection to FAU, you can also use it to take advantage of alumni benefits or to take part in alumni events at FAU. In the FAU Community you can download a digital copy of your FAU alumni card from your profile.
The newsletter, which is published every two months, ensures that FAU networkers are kept up to date and know about recent developments and events at FAU. You can subscribe to the alumni newsletter in the FAU Community.
We are happy to reserve places for alumni at the annual birthday celebrations of FAU on November 4. If you are interested, please send an e-mail by October 10 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Dies’. Applications will be dealt with in the order they are received. Further information on Dies academicus
Would you like to buy souvenirs with the FAU design? As a member of the FAU network, you enjoy a 5% discount off your purchases. In order to receive your personal discount code, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject ‘FAU shop’. What’s on offer: fau-shop.de
Members of our FAU Alumni Network receive a 20% discount on continuing education courses at FAU. Please enter your alumni ID when registering for a course. Your alumni ID is on your FAU Alumni Card in your profile in the FAU Community. List of courses: Seminars and training programs and Degree programs for professional development
Since January 2023, our networkers will receive a 15% alumni bonus on all seminars freely available from the KniggeAkademie. The KniggeAkademie was established in 1993 and is the leading institute for modern manners and respectful communication.
You receive your discount by showing the digital version of your FAU alumni card. You will find your FAU alumni card in your profile in the FAU Community, provided you are a member of the “FAU Alumni-Netzwerk” group.