“Impact E³” is the new impact-oriented entrepreneurship qualification program for students and doctoral candidates from all subjects. The aim of the collaborative project from FAU, Ansbach University of Applied Sciences and Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences is to develop and implement innovative approaches to solving problems in society and ecology using entrepreneurial thinking and behavior. The format is divided into the following four groups.
The four groups of the program
- Entrepreneurial Impact Basics: A lecture series on sustainable innovation and entrepreneurship as well as an online teaching unit called “Introduction to Sustainability Management”, which focuses on ecologically and socially sustainable impact in a corporate context, provides basic knowledge that participants can build on in subsequent parts of the program.
- Entrepreneurial Impact Deep Dive: Here, the impact entrepreneurship potential of students is determined and further developed by teaching basic and advanced knowledge of the individual entrepreneurship topics of social, digital and ecological entrepreneurial impact.
- Impact Start-up Garage: The knowledge gained is put into practice during the Entrepreneurial Impact Fellows Program, which is due to start in summer semester 2023. During a qualification program that lasts one semester, students learn methods in fields such as agile business design and sustainable change management that they then apply to impact-related entrepreneurship projects.
- Entrepreneurial Impact Community: In addition, students receive support for their impact-specific ideas from the start-up consulting service where sustainability mentors advise students and link them with experts from the Ecosystem for Impact Entrepreneurship in Middle Franconia.
All students, research assistants, doctoral candidates and postdocs at FAU, Ansbach University of Applied Sciences and Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences.
Events in winter semester 2022/23
Entrepreneurial Impact Basics
Lecture series on impact entrepreneurship
The lecture series on impact entrepreneurship held as part of the Impact E³ Project is due to begin in winter semester 2022/23. The series will include lectures about various aspects of sustainability held by professors from FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Ansbach University of Applied Sciences and Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences. The lectures will be followed by discussions about entrepreneurial solutions to the challenges mentioned in the lectures. The lecture series is open to students, doctoral candidates, research associates and postdoctoral researchers at all faculties of FAU. Students at the School of Business, Economics and Society can use the lecture series to gain 5 ECTS credits as a key qualification. The event will take place in room 1.036 at Findelgasse 7-9 in Nuremberg. A Zoom link will also be provided.
Participants can register for the course via StudOn.
Accreditation: 5 ECTS credits as a key qualification module for courses at the School of Business, Economics and Society.
Language: German and English
Introduction to Sustainability Management
This lecture provides an introduction to Corporate Sustainability Management. The course starts by clarifying important foundations: What is sustainability and why is it an increasingly relevant concept today? How do companies contribute to sustainable development and what are the implications for the job of sustainability management? What is the business case for sustainability, that is, what are drivers for and benefits of taking a proactive approach to sustainability management?
Registration via StudOn.
Impact Start-up Garage
Hackathon Sustainability Challenge
During the Hackathon at Ansbach University of Applied Sciences, you can work in a team with other students almost around the clock for 60 hours on sustainability challenges that are offered by companies in the region.
Why should you take part?
- Exciting challenges from innovative companies in the region
- Support through design thinking with coaches, pitch trainings and prototyping sessions
- Fantastic prizes and the chance to continue working with companies
- Networking opportunities with future employers
- Share experiences on innovation, start-ups and spin-offs
When? November 14 – November 16 2022
Where? Ansbach University of Applied Sciences
How to apply Apply by sending the form via e-mail to email@example.com.
More information on the hackathon is available on the Ansbach University of Applied Sciences Startup-Advice website, The hackathon is limited to 50 places.
Application deadline: November 4, 2022
Impact Starters Workshop
Would you like to make a positive change in the world and earn money in the process? Then come to our social entrepreneurship beginners’ workshop “Impact Starters” and learn in two consecutive days how you can make a positive entrepreneurial contribution to solving social and environmental challenges.
You can expect:
Module 1: Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship What does social entrepreneurship mean? Which companies are active in this sector?
Module 2: Methods and Instruments What business models are there for social entrepreneurial companies and what financing options are available?
Module 3: Impact and Scaling How can social impact be achieved and how can I scale my idea?
Module 4: Impact Start-up Develop your Impact Start-up idea in an interdisciplinary team.
December 15 – December 16, 2023, 9am until 5.30pm
ZOLLHOF, Eventspace, Zollhof 7, 90443 Nürnberg
The registration is closed.
Entrepreneurial Impact Deep Dive
Block seminar: Quantifying and understanding the environment
In this course you will learn to build your own sensor, to measure environmental parameters (even without previous knowledge) and learn to analyze the data afterwards. In addition, you will learn methods for formulating your own product and service ideas and viewing them in a wider innovation context.
- Introduction to innovation and design thinking
- Introduction to microcontrollers and Arduino
- Arduino programming
- Building an Arduino sensor
- Setting up the sensor experiment
- Evaluating sensor data
- Independent project work and forming your own ideas
When? January 12 – January 13, 2023
Where? Innovationscampus Merkendorf , Neuseser Str. 1, 91732 Merkendorf
How to apply Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Only five places are available.
Application deadline: November 8, 2022
We will inform you via the newsletter of any further upcoming events for Impact E³. Please contact Latife Karaibrahimoglu for further information.