Will computers replace doctors?
Artificial intelligence has the potential to revolutionise medicine and our healthcare systems. AI is able to recognise patterns in vast amounts of data that a human simply could not.
FAU President Prof. Dr. Joachim Hornegger looks into the topic in more detail with his guest Prof. Dr. Andreas Maier, head of the Pattern Recognition Lab at FAU.
- What role does artificial intelligence play in medicine? 01:35
- Will computers replace doctors? 04:50
- AI is more than just image processing. What about language processing in medicine? 06:35
- Detection systems have improved rapidly in recent years. What are the reasons for that? 09:18
- Where do researchers get the data they need to train their algorithms? 10:38
- AI can even lead to brand new discoveries about medical processes. 15:40
Anyone who would like to donate medical data for research purposes can contact Medical Data Donors for more information: medicaldatadonors.org