Examinations Office – Faculty of Engineering
Examinations Office of the Faculty of Engineering
Registration periods for module examinations
Summer semester 2022 (expected): 27 May (12. p.m.) - 10. June (6 a.m.)
Students must register for these examinations via mein campus. The registration function is only activated during registration periods.
Availability by phone
As most staff members are working from home due to the coronavirus pandemic, it is currently hard to reach us by phone. Please write us an e-mail if you have any questions or problems.
Examination dates and room allocations
Examination periods at the Faculty of Engineering
Examination dates at the Faculty of Engineering
The list below states the examination dates scheduled for the coming semesters. Please note that these dates are only preliminary and are subject to change. They are not legally binding. The list is for information purposes only. All other information in the table is also subject to change before the examination registration period. The information displayed in mein campus during the examination registration process is authoritative. The times and locations of examinations are published at relatively short notice in mein campus to ensure room capacities are fully utilised.
Alphabetical room allocations for written examinations
This list shows which examination candidates are allocated to which room only in cases where the same examination is held in several rooms. Information for examinations that are held in one room is available on mein campus under ‘Angemeldete Prüfungen’. Please note the examination number. The plan for the relevant calendar week is published at short notice a few days beforehand. The overviews for examinations are expected to be published a few days before the exam.
Information and forms
Information and forms related to examinations at the Faculty of Engineering
- Application for accreditation of achievements (separate applications for accreditation for the degree programmes in Mechanical Engineering (German), Mechatronics (German) and Industrial Production Engineering and Management (German)
- Notification of illness
- Application for for extension of the deadline for completing the GOP/degree programme
- Information for the degree certificate
- Application for a second copy of an official document
Information on inability to sit examinations due to illness
- Doctor’s certificate template (This is merely a sample certificate. Any doctor’s certificate that includes the necessary information can be submitted. The notification of illness form, called ‘Krankmeldung für Modulprüfungen’, must also be submitted with the doctor’s certificate in all instances).
- Krankmeldung für Modulprüfungen(Notification of illness – must be submitted together with the doctor’s certificate for each case of illness).
- Information on the required content of doctor’s certificates and certificates from official medical examiners
- Information on doctor’s certificates confirming inability to sit university examinations due to illness and list of official medical examiners
FAU Examinations Office
Faculty of Engineering
Fax: +49 9131 8524054
The contacts for each degree programme are listed below.
Please direct any questions about organising examinations to the following e-mail address:
Advanced Materials and Processes
Advanced Optical Technologies
Advanced Signal Processing & Communications Engineering
Teaching Engineering in Vocational Schools (Lehramt)
Chemical Engineering – Sustainable Chemical Technologies
Chemical and Biological Engineering
Clean Energy Processes
Communications and Multimedia Engineering
Computational Engineering / Transition Studies Engineering
Information and Communication Technology
International Production Engineering and Management
Life Science Engineering
Letters A – O (Bachelor’s degree programme/Master’s degree programme/without IP specialisation)
Letters P – Z (Bachelor’s degree programme/Master’s degree programme/with IP specialisation)