Physical Activity and Health
Physical Activity and Health (M.A.)
Move toward a successful career in health promotion! Learn to develop and implement intervention strategies to promote physical activity and public health policy. You’ll also gain skills in development and implementation for individuals with specific health risks, quality assurance, management, and more in the all-English Physical Activity and Health degree program.
What is the degree program about?
Physical Activity and Health provides students with knowledge and experience in promoting health through physical activity and exercise for the prevention and rehabilitation of diseases.
Taught in small classes, the two-year degree program emphasises how to develop, implement, and evaluate intervention strategies for the promotion of physical activity. Through active participation, students gain knowledge and experience in:
- developing intervention strategies for the promotion of physical activity and public health policies
- implementing physical activity and health promotion measures in specific settings such as companies and schools, and for specific target groups such as migrants and older people
- developing and implementing physical activity and health promotion programs for individuals who are susceptible to certain diseases and health risks such as back pain and osteoporosis
- quality assurance and management of specific physical activity and health promotion measures
- scientific evaluation of specific physical activity and health promotion programs
Do you need help or more information?
Our Student Advice and Career Service (IBZ) is the central point of contact for all questions about studying and starting a degree programme. Our Student Service Centres and subject advisors support you in planning your studies.