Scholarships for international students about to graduate
Financial support for international students about to graduate
- only international students without German citizenship may apply
- FAU graduation planned by end of March 2021 (end of Winter Semester 2020/21)
- good or very good grades
- German language proficiency (at least basic level)
- financial need: only students who have a gross monthly income of under 853 EUR (single persons) are entitled to apply. A statement regarding the applicant’s financial situation has to be made in the application form. Savings and funds in blocked accounts do not count towards the monthly income. Students who have the right to apply for BAFöG (regardless of whether they receive it or not) cannot be considered. Check here if you might be eligible for BAFöG
- age restriction: maximum 35 years of age at application deadline
- current enrollment at FAU
- officially registered as resident in Bavaria during the entire funding period
Students writing their final thesis or spending their PJ (Praktisches Jahr) outside of Bavaria, exchange students, students entitled to BAFöG, students enrolled in Bachelor’s degree programmes and students enrolled in one-year postgraduate programmes are unfortunately not eligible.
Students can apply successfully only once! A re-application is unfortunately not possible!
Applications are submitted online. All documents required from the student must be uploaded into the application portal. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- completed online application form
- up-to-date transcript of records (from “Mein Campus” or equivalent document)
- copy of passport (ID page) and residence permit including green leaflet (if applicable)
- current certificate of enrollment
- letter of recommendation from a full FAU professor, including an assessment of the student’s performance and an estimate about her/his date of graduation. Please use the template provided. The recommendation letter can be sent as a pdf from the evaluator’s personal FAU e-mail account to email@example.com. Alternatively, the original letter of recommendation must be submitted by post mail. In this case, the professor’s signature and official stamp are mandatory.
Kindly use the template provided. The recommendation letter can be sent as a pdf from the evaluator’s personal FAU e-mail account to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, the original letter of recommendation must be submitted by post mail. In this case, the professor’s signature and official stamp are mandatory.