FAU's Schlossgartenfest on 29 June 2019
The Erlangen Schlossgartenfest is entering its 65th year – but is certainly not thinking of retiring. Quite the opposite: it is changing with the times. On Saturday 29 June 2019 (alternative date 6 July if the weather is poor) there will still be plenty of opportunity for dancing, as always. However, this year there is also plenty on offer for all those who would rather spend their time strolling through the park, soaking up the atmosphere, enjoying the music and just generally having a good time. With 6,500 guests and a fantastic atmosphere, the Schlossgartenfest is a unique event, and is considered one of the largest and most beautiful garden parties in Europe. It is attended by students, staff and friends of the University, as well as high-profile guests from politics, business and academia.
The programme in 2019
- 6pm: Gates and food stalls open, music from the FAU Big Band conducted by Felix Gerhart
- 7pm: Opening of exhibition 65 years of the Schlossgartenfest, foyer of the Schloss
- 8pm: Official welcoming speech by Prof. Dr. Joachim Hornegger, FAU President
- 10pm: Tombola with attractive prizes, and the first prize of a car
- 11pm: Firework display
- 12:00: Midnight newspaper
Our bands in 2019
- Oldies Big Band: Dance floor in the Orangerie
- Los Chicolores and LauschRausch: Stage 2 in front of the Botanical Garden
- Dance and show band picobello: Stage 3 in the centre of the Schlossgarten
- MFL Big Band: Stage 4 in front of the Kollegienhaus
- Thomas-Fink & Friends: Stage 5 on the jazz stage in front of the Schloss
- FunkAholics: Stage 6 at the southern entrance
A wide range of attractions are available throughout the evening:
- Photopoint for photos of a memorable evening: Roman boat and picture frames
- Walking acts
- Light installations
- Flying musicians
- Paper lanterns available for sale from Zonta Club
- Culinary delights from regional caterers
The dress code is black tie.
The Schlossgartenfest only takes place if the weather is good (alternative date: 7 July) – an announcement will be made online on Friday 28 June or Friday 5 July from 12 noon at www.schlossgartenfest.de and on our social media channels:
Anyone who gives an e-mail address when purchasing tickets will be informed automatically.
If the Schlossgartenfest has to be cancelled entirely, you can apply by 18 July for a refund of 35 euros. Please be sure to submit your ticket and supply bank details.
Tickets will go on sale in April 2019.
Tickets will be available online for the first time in 2019 via our new ticketing system:
Tickets can also be purchased from our booking office at:
- E-Werk Erlangen, Fuchsenwiese 1, 91054 Erlangen
If you are experiencing problems with the booking system or require further information about the event, please visit the help page at the following link: ERticket help page (in German) or call +49 9131 85 26 77 9 (Mon-Fri 9am – 4pm).
Over the decades, the Schlossgartenfest has become the social highlight of the summer for friends, supporters and staff of the University alike. As a member of the University Association you are a valued member of the FAU family. You will receive a personal invitation and are entitled to purchase tickets at a reduced rate of 70 euros, like University staff. Join the University Association now! More information
- Tickets will go on sale from 15 April 2019 exclusively for members of the University Association and FAU staff.
- From 22 April 2019, tickets will be freely available for students and the general public. The standard ticket price is 80 euros. Students with a valid student ID card can purchase tickets at a reduced rate of 30 euros per ticket. New this year: student tickets include a 10 euro drinks voucher.
- Anyone who reserves an entire table for 10 people will receive a welcome bottle of Franconian sparkling wine on the table.
Do you have any questions?
We could not find any entry with the given search term 2235334.
Behind the scenes: FAU’s Schlossgartenfest
Last year, members of our campus media company ‘funklust’ visited the Schlossgartenfest and filmed the event:
Further impressions from Schlossgartenfest 2018
We have put the best photos of Schlossgartenfest 2018 in a photo gallery.
The celebrations continue in the Schlossgarten on the Sunday after the Schlossgartenfest. Everyone is welcome to attend the festival and enjoy the music and Franconian culinary specialities.
The Schlosskonzerte turn the Schlossgarten into a concert stage for a week. Audiences can enjoy performances from various artistes, bands and ensembles – all free of charge.