FAUnext career program
FAU considers the education and training of staff with high potential as one of its greatest obligations and most important opportunities.
Are achieving professional independence, strengthening academic profiles and gaining additional skills, which may also be of relevance for pursuing a career outside the university, among your top priorities?
Then why not take part in a qualification program that is particularly attractive among universities throughout Germany, and offers you a wide range of training opportunities for all important topics in your current career phase?
The advantages at a glance:
- Maximum flexibility when planning which topics you would like to cover and fitting in with your time constraints
- Individual supervision and selection of the training best suited to your needs
- All training conducted by excellent innovative external trainers and internal FAU experts.
- Includes a personal status review and comprehensive career coaching with certified coaches (also for careers outside the university)
- No time-consuming searches for courses with external providers
- No overlaps in terms of topics
- Extensive networking within FAU due to different participants in various modules
- More cost-effective than individual courses offered by external providers
- You do not need to apply if you belong to the target group.
- Small course groups where trainers can address your individual needs.
All modules are generally taught in English. However, if none of the participants speak English, the module will be taught in German.
Target group and application process
You can take part in the FAUnext program if you are one of the following:
- W1 professor
- FAU head of junior research group (FAUngl)
- Qualified postdoctoral researchers
- Participants in the Emerging Talents Initiative (FAUeti)
- Principal investigator, group leader and project coordinator of Transregios, Collaborative Research Centers and Research Training Groups (TRRs, SFBs and GRKs) at FAU
You don’t need to apply to take part in the FAUnext program. If you are in one of the target groups, you will automatically receive an invitation and can take part at any time.
You can participate in the program at any time after receiving an invitation. Your training begins with a voluntary individual status review. This comprises a self-reflection form, followed by a feedback meeting with our qualified coach. The results of the status review will help you to select modules for your personal development from the range of modules we offer. You can then register for the modules (registration is binding).
Content of the program
FAUnext provides support to participants in all aspects of the PERO fields of action at FAU (People, Education, Research, Outreach). We offer up to two modules for each of these fields of action. Extra modules are offered for “Professorship as a career goal” and “Negotiation skills”.
If you participate in the program, you are entitled to the following benefits, which you can access within two years:
- Participation in a module of your choice One module consists of 16 work units lasting 60 minutes.
- Participation in networking events
- Self-assessment questionnaire
- Feedback interview on self-assessment questionnaire with qualified career coach to determine which module is most suitable for you.
- Career coaching over 4-5 sessions of 1.5 to 2 hours each within your two years of participation, delivered by our certified coach. You can arrange the dates individually with your coach.
In addition, the program is designed so that you can also take advantage of all the benefits and complete at least three modules within one year.
List of module topics:
- Module P1: Developing your own style of management – Cultivating self-awareness
- Module P2: Developing your own style of management – Managing yourself and others
More information on People modules
- Module E1: Advanced Higher Education – Focus on your own teaching
- Module E2: Online teaching
More information on Education modules
- Module R1: Develop research ideas creatively
- Module R2: Developing successful networks
More information on Research modules
More information on Outreach module
Professorship as a career goal
Further information on the Professorship as a career goal module
Career paths outside the university
The subject matter covered in our modules is just as relevant to careers pursued outside university, and is not tailored exclusively to becoming a professor. Career paths at university or elsewhere are individual, tailor-made solutions. It is not a case of ‘one size fits all’, and the best way to explore your various options is with individual coaching sessions. In our career coaching, we take a close look at your specific skills, explore what motivates you and, if you like, we can work together to draw up different options both within the university and elsewhere. Read more on our career coaching website
More information on FAUnext career program
Please contact the project management team at faunext.de if you have any questions.
Dr. Silke Schnurbusch
- Phone number: +49 9131 85-20699
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 01745920416
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org