Admissions Office, Master’s Office and Office for Scholarships
Organisation of the application procedure
FAU’s Admissions Office organises the admissions procedure for international and German students and processes applications for swapping university places.
When do I have to apply to the Admissions Office?
How to apply
For subjects with local admission restrictions, the application deadline is
- 15 July for the winter semester
- 15 January for the summer semester
These deadlines also apply for all applications from international students.
If your application is successful, you will receive confirmation of admission. You must then submit a written enrolment application and later enrol in person. The Student Records Office is responsible for this.
The Master’s Office manages the online Master’s application portal.
It also processes applications for admission to Master’s degree programmes and carries out formal checks of application documents.
The Master’s Office is not responsible for checking the subject-related content of applications. This is done by the appropriate commissions.
Office for Scholarships
The Office for Scholarships is responsible for allocating scholarships to students.
This involves processing the Germany Scholarships (Deutschlandstipendium) after the recipients have been selected, as well as scholarships awarded by foundations, such as the Oskar-Karl-Forster-Stipendium, the Eva-Schleip-Stipendium and the Vereinigte Stipendienstiftung which is open to students of all faculties and faiths. You can find more information about scholarships and how they are awarded on our website.
Scholarships for doctoral candidates are processed by FAU’s Graduate School.
International students are requested to contact the Central Office for International Affairs.
BAföG applications should be submitted to Student Services.
Where can I find the Admissions Office/Master's Office/Office for Scholarships?
You can find us at Schlossplatz 3/Halbmondstraße 6 (same building) in Erlangen.
- Admissions Office: room 00.030 and room 00.031, ground floor
Office hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Master’s Office: room 00,032, room 00,048, room 00.049 and room 00.050, ground floor
Office hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Office for Scholarships: room 00.045 and 00.047, ground floor
Office hours: Monday to Friday 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and by appointment
For inquiries regarding current scholarships, please contact email@example.com.
Where can I find the application forms?
- Application for degree programmes with admission restrictions during the current application period: online application
- International applicants with non-German qualifications (including those who have taken the assessment examination at a German Studienkolleg) should apply via our online portal from December 2018. This also applies to applications for degree programmes both with and without restrictions, the German course, the Studienkolleg for Bavaria and the external assessment examination at the Studienkolleg for the state of Bavaria.
- International applicants with a German Abitur (obtained in Germany or at a German international school in another country) should only apply for degree programmes with admission restrictions via our online portal.
- Applications for Master’s degree programmes: online application during the current application period
When will I receive confirmation of admission?
We have received several thousand applications from prospective students for winter semester 2020/21. Processing all these applications takes a lot of time. We are therefore unable to provide individual applicants with information about the status of their application.
The results for degree programmes with admission restrictions will be announced during September 2020:
- International applicants who have been admitted will receive their admissions letter by post; it may therefore arrive a short time after this date.
- German applicants will receive an e-mail and be able to see the results on the application portal at www.campo.fau.de. They can also check the status of their application online during the procedure.
Please note: we will inform you of the result of the admissions procedure, regardless of whether your application has been accepted or rejected.
Please be aware that FAU is only responsible for the admissions procedure for degree programmes with local admission restrictions. Applicants to degree programmes with national admissions restrictions (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacy and psychology) will be informed of the results by the Foundation for University Admissions (www.hochschulstart.de).
Thank you for your understanding.
Study opportunities for refugees
FAU stands for intercultural diversity, openness and tolerance. We are committed to helping refugees find their way to our university and doing the best we can to support them. We would like to welcome you to FAU and offer information about studying at our university and our German courses on this website.
Please use the form below to contact the Admissions Office and the Master’s Office with any questions.